- 2018 Dent The Future Scholar
- Northeastern Future Faculty Fellow (2017)
- Srikeforce Fellow Finalist (2017)
- IDEA Ventures Prototype Fund 2017 Recipient
- IDEA Ventures Prototype Fund 2016 Recipient
- MIT Hacking Arts Finalist (2016)
- MIT Theta Delta Chi Frances Swain Memorial Award (2016)
- MIT Theta Delta Chi Phil Bannister Academic Award (2012)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award by LA's Best (2011)
- Innovation and Creativity for Social Transformation FabLab Cali in Cali, Colombia (Spanish)
- Samuel S. Schreiver, Timothy P. Setterfield, Morris D. Vanegas, et al, An overnight habitat for expanding lunar surface exploration, Acta Astronautica, Volume 112, July 2015, Pages 158-170
- Vanegas, M., Stirling, L. Characterization of Sensor Placement Variability on the Human Body Upon Repeated Donnings and Doffings, IEEE Body Sensor Network, Cambridge, MA, (2015)
- Vanegas, M. Stirling, L. Characterization of inertial measurement unit placement on the human body upon repeated donnings, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, (2016).
- ○ Schreiner, S., Setterfield, T., Sheerin, T., Vanegas, M., Design and Simulation of an Integrated CMG and Thruster Control System, (SSL2013-12), MIT Space Systems Laboratory, Cambridge, MA, (2013).
- ○ Thornburg, K.M., et al, Operator Performance in Long Duration, Low Task Load Control Operations, (HAL2011-04), MIT Humans and Automation Laboratory, Cambridge, MA, (2011).
- Choi. C. An inflatable tent for camping on the moon, Popular Science Magazine, June 11, 2015, < http://www.popsci.com/camping-moon>
- Teaching Assistant - 8.02 Electricity and Magnetism (MIT) - 2016